The Adventures of the Stephens Family

Thursday, March 13, 2008

whew!

Well, The house is close to being finished. It's amazing to see everyone come together the way you all did to help make our new house into a home.

Jered and I have been having so much fun watching things happen little by little. The first day we walked into our new home we had an idea of how we wanted things to look and it's so exciting to watch it become a realty. First the trim, then picking out colors for each of the rooms. It's so scary having to pick out paint colors on our own...too light, too dark, or too much....we have to just go for it.

I love the 'bear' room that Tim and Mary painted. It's kind of our little cabin get away. Then of course our 'sky villa'...so mellisa calls it, ha ha. I love all the plants we got from the shower! Believe it not they're actually all still alive :)

The kitchen is finally done too! Moe and her designer friend came over and helped us tackle that project.

Over the next few weeks we'll be working on painting the basement and the fourth bedroom. Don't worry Jered, I won't go too crazy on those colors :)

Well, it's now on to planning the wedding...I almost forgot that minor detail of our lives. muh ha ha!

Love, Jered and Kelly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am loving the fence. I can not wait until spring and the kids can come over and run! Just pick up all of kiefes poop! That is why I wil not have a dog for a really really really really really really long time, the poop!
Anyways, let me know when it is time for the dress fittings. less that 8 weeks girl... you will no longer be a murphy 9 i bet your so relieved to have that pressure taken off of you! talk to you later!

Unknown said...

where are the pics of the finished kitchen- sorry i have not been able to help out as much as i would like too. call me when you are ready to dig in the dirt, and plant flowers and veggies... Did you know that know you have your own yard that you can plant a friut tree! like apples and stuff!