It was around 7:00 am and Caiden was his happy little talkie, scrunchy self when I thought it would be a good time to give him a bath. Daddy was leaving to go to Dallas later that afternoon so I wanted him to smell good for daddy before he had to leave. Caiden is getting bigger now and had been sitting up on his own for about two weeks so I came up with the idea of letting him sit up in the bath without using the usual infant tub. Sounds like a good idea, right? Let him splash around and play with his water toys that he hasn't gotten much use out of and experience the small waves of a tiny bath tub. Well, not for this squirmy little guy! I put a towel down under his bottom so that it wouldn't be too slippery for him and let him play for a few minutes. He loved every moment of it, looking up at me every few seconds for reassurance that I was having as much fun as he was. There nothing better in the whole world than sharing the special smile with your baby only for him to smile back, and without using words he says, "I love you too, mommy!"
A few more moments go by and I thought to myself, "I can't let him take his first big boy bath without taking a picture!" I asked Jered to sit with him while I got the camera ready and in the .08 seconds it took for us to switch positions, Caiden gets excited about something, possibly the rubber ducky floating by and falls flat on his face! WHAT WAS I THINKING? We grab him out of the water only realize he had a bloody nose! This was the scariest mommy moment of my life! As the blood rushed down, filling his mouth as he cried, I held him as closely as I could and rocked him to let him know that I was here and that everthing was ok. Looking back, I think I was holding him so tightly because I, too, was in pain. After a just a few moments, some reassuring words from my wonderful, ever-so-calm husband and a quick feeding, our little scrunch was happy as could be and off being his nosey little self. We called the doctor to make sure there wasn't something we should be concerned about and, with all sincerity he says, "He can't even walk or crawl and he still found a way to get a bloody nose at the ripe young age of 6 months." The picture above is one that daddy took a moments before the fall. :(
I have a feeling there will be a lot of, "What was I thinking?" moments being a mommy. My prayer is that God keep his angels close so that the times that I am not able to protect my precious babies, the angels are there to watch over them.
3 comments:
I always get choked up reading your posts thinking about how much you guys love that little guy! LOVE the story and pic!! Keep em coming :) PS- I think Caiden gets extra tough boy points for ALREADY getting a bloody nose. He might be keeping up with Jeremiah by now!
Sooo cute! And Your the best mommy!!!
Kel I love your blogs! They are so real! Don't beat yourself up too much about this! This will be the first of many bloody noses...sorry, but it's true :)
Mellisa
Post a Comment