Wow! So a lot has changed since we made our move here to Greenville, South Carolina. First, I wanted to explain how we even got here. It's a pretty remarkable story and God is certainly to be given the glory!
As you know this past winter was a difficult one! Since the day Caiden was born, the weather had been cold and with it been right in the middle of swine flu season, the last thing we wanted to do was get Caiden out of the house and risk him getting a dangerous cold! So we stayed in....all winter long! Now, you hear a lot of parents saying that they have such a good baby who never cries and is so easy, but unfortunately that was not the case with us. I had been couped up in a house with a baby who didn't just lay on your chest and fall asleep while you read a book and the muffins baked in the oven. This little guy wanted to get out of the house just like I did! By the time spring got here, well not quite, it actually snowed about 7 inches the first day of spring, but by the time the weather started to warm up I was ready to run forever and ever into a field of daisies with my arms wide open and the warm sun beating down onto my pale see-through skin and I couldn't wait to show Caiden what it was like to spend a day in the sun! Well it was about mid-march and I got this crazy idea that if perhaps my company was making plans to open a branch in the sunny state of South Carolina, then I wanted to be part of it! So I got the courage to send an email to corporate asking if this was a possibility and for a month I didn't hear anything. In fact I almost forgot that I even sent the email in the first place. Little did I know, God was working behind the scenes on something bigger than I ever could imagine! Psalm 37: 4 says Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Well on the morning of April 20th, I receive an email from corporate saying that they would love to open a branch and WHEN DO YOU WANT TO GET OUT THERE? I was on the phone with a client when I read this email and my mind went numb and my face bright red just thinking that this dream could now become very real! WHOAH! So after fasting, praying, a trip to Greenville and very serious discussions we decided to do it!
Over the next few weeks we worked hard to get the house ready to sell. Now in our minds we would get the house on the market and hope that within 6 months we would get a contract. Again, God had something else in mind. After just 6 days on the market, we receive an email from Mr. and Mrs. Manning saying they would like to come by for a visit. YIKES! So that next morning we woke up early, asked Aunt Mary to come over to play with Caiden while we got into high gear to get the house ready. Vacuum, de-clutter, cleared everything off the kitchen counters, put laundry away, mowed the lawn, and scrubbed all the floors. I wish we had this kind of energy to clean every weekend! The house was spotless and best of all totally organized to show off it's good side! It turned out that the Mannings LOVED the house! They put an offer in the next day and after negotiating, a contract was signed. Once the appraisal was done, the only thing we needed to do was put a new roof on, and the house would be theirs.
We were so excited yet a little nervous that it was all happening this quickly. We had two garage sales and were able to sell almost everything. Our bed set, maternity books, baby stuff, you name it, we sold it and we had a lot of fun in the meantime. Not to mention Caiden was so much fun and growing like a weed. He adjusted to well to our new hectic life and was as happy as could be.
On July 7th, the moving truck pulled in to take what we had left to our new home in Greenville. It was amazing to see our home become more and more empty yet we were filled with so much joy and faith that this is in fact where God wanted us to be! Two days later, we shut the garage door for the last time, buckled our seat belts and away we went! The photo above is the very last picture of us and our home on Hallet Drive. Randy, Janet and Sam made trip along with us to help! And what a HUGE blessing that was. Gamma Janet sat in the back seat with Caiden almost the whole way and Caiden didn't make a peep!
Well, that is the story of how we got to South Carolina! I am going to use this blog to keep a log of our adventures and trips as well as the new and excited things that Caiden does along the way. Stay tuned and God Bless!
As you know this past winter was a difficult one! Since the day Caiden was born, the weather had been cold and with it been right in the middle of swine flu season, the last thing we wanted to do was get Caiden out of the house and risk him getting a dangerous cold! So we stayed in....all winter long! Now, you hear a lot of parents saying that they have such a good baby who never cries and is so easy, but unfortunately that was not the case with us. I had been couped up in a house with a baby who didn't just lay on your chest and fall asleep while you read a book and the muffins baked in the oven. This little guy wanted to get out of the house just like I did! By the time spring got here, well not quite, it actually snowed about 7 inches the first day of spring, but by the time the weather started to warm up I was ready to run forever and ever into a field of daisies with my arms wide open and the warm sun beating down onto my pale see-through skin and I couldn't wait to show Caiden what it was like to spend a day in the sun! Well it was about mid-march and I got this crazy idea that if perhaps my company was making plans to open a branch in the sunny state of South Carolina, then I wanted to be part of it! So I got the courage to send an email to corporate asking if this was a possibility and for a month I didn't hear anything. In fact I almost forgot that I even sent the email in the first place. Little did I know, God was working behind the scenes on something bigger than I ever could imagine! Psalm 37: 4 says Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Well on the morning of April 20th, I receive an email from corporate saying that they would love to open a branch and WHEN DO YOU WANT TO GET OUT THERE? I was on the phone with a client when I read this email and my mind went numb and my face bright red just thinking that this dream could now become very real! WHOAH! So after fasting, praying, a trip to Greenville and very serious discussions we decided to do it!
Over the next few weeks we worked hard to get the house ready to sell. Now in our minds we would get the house on the market and hope that within 6 months we would get a contract. Again, God had something else in mind. After just 6 days on the market, we receive an email from Mr. and Mrs. Manning saying they would like to come by for a visit. YIKES! So that next morning we woke up early, asked Aunt Mary to come over to play with Caiden while we got into high gear to get the house ready. Vacuum, de-clutter, cleared everything off the kitchen counters, put laundry away, mowed the lawn, and scrubbed all the floors. I wish we had this kind of energy to clean every weekend! The house was spotless and best of all totally organized to show off it's good side! It turned out that the Mannings LOVED the house! They put an offer in the next day and after negotiating, a contract was signed. Once the appraisal was done, the only thing we needed to do was put a new roof on, and the house would be theirs.
We were so excited yet a little nervous that it was all happening this quickly. We had two garage sales and were able to sell almost everything. Our bed set, maternity books, baby stuff, you name it, we sold it and we had a lot of fun in the meantime. Not to mention Caiden was so much fun and growing like a weed. He adjusted to well to our new hectic life and was as happy as could be.
On July 7th, the moving truck pulled in to take what we had left to our new home in Greenville. It was amazing to see our home become more and more empty yet we were filled with so much joy and faith that this is in fact where God wanted us to be! Two days later, we shut the garage door for the last time, buckled our seat belts and away we went! The photo above is the very last picture of us and our home on Hallet Drive. Randy, Janet and Sam made trip along with us to help! And what a HUGE blessing that was. Gamma Janet sat in the back seat with Caiden almost the whole way and Caiden didn't make a peep!
Well, that is the story of how we got to South Carolina! I am going to use this blog to keep a log of our adventures and trips as well as the new and excited things that Caiden does along the way. Stay tuned and God Bless!
2 comments:
Kel you need to let our family in on this blog so they can enjoy it too!
KELLY! You need to TELL us when you blog (well, like you just did but still, i'm reading this late). LOVE reading your stories. Esp about muffins and see-through skin.
Post a Comment