The boys and I found a beautiful little white sanded beach and swam for an hour or so. The water was still so warm from the hot summer we've had and felt amazing! Since the water visibility was so clear, Randy spent a lot of that time snorkeling around and exploring! We had a blast!
After we ate dinner, it was time for the cake! I had imagined him making a total mess, getting frosting everywhere and getting sick afterward from all the sugar but it didn't quite happen that way. Once he touched the cake with his little fingers and saw that the frosting had stuck, he started shaking his hand to clean it off. I even gave him a bite or two and he just wasn't impressed. I took a few bites to show him just how delicious it was but he looked at it like it was a sack of potatoes! The kid has an entire cake, all to himself and want anything to do with it! Oh well, more cake for us! After the cake it was time for presents. Even though he didn't know much of what was going on he enjoyed the new books, toys and DVD's that mama was opening and wasn't quite sure what toy to play with next. Aunt Mara and Blaine got him an adorable new big boy outfit. It was a collared, button-up shirt with vest and corduroy pants! I got a little teary-eyed thinking about him toddling around looking so big in his new outfit! The last thing we opened was a photo album that gamma Janet had made to remind us of the special times that Caiden had at their house while mommy and daddy had their date nights! Gamma Janet is so incredibly talented and put so much thought and effort into every page and even made a poem to go along with the pictures! Caiden is such a lucky boy to have so many people who love and care for him! Saturday night we played scrabble for hours, laughing and making lots of fun memories!
Sunday we packed up and headed to Greenville for lunch! After that, the boys went to watch the Chiefs game at a local bar while Janet, Mara and I went back to our place so Caiden could nap and we could relax before they had to go back to home. The chiefs ended up winning AGAIN which now makes us 3-0!!! Sunday night came and we all made the trip to the airport and had to say goodbye. We couldn't have asked for a better weekend away and the time that I was able to spend with my new family was incredible!
Happy Birthday C!!!
Happy Birthday C!!!
2 comments:
omg that was the most memorable day ever! i'm SO glad you have this blog so everyone can feel involved in the little squishy man's life. i will never get sick of the cake pic. oh, and i'll email you the videos rite na
LOL!!! Why would they think you were sending them to church camp?! Too funny!
And HOW CUTE that Sam is the one who found his first tooth :) He was probably so proud!
Thanks for posting Kel! I felt like I was there as I was reading this :)
Post a Comment